Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It's Never Simple

Are you all ready for this?? The trial Pat was supposed to begin has been put on hold due to an amendment in the way it is written. It has nothing to do with Pat it is all political. The people who write these trials obviously don't treat patients. But to backtrack a little....this morning all Pat was told by the nurse was that the chemo had been put on hold, no explanation. Pat and I sat in his room until 4:30pm, in complete silence so anxious and secretly fearing the worse. I don't think either of us took one deep breath the entire day. When the Dr came in she explained about the cancelled trial and told us there is another one that she feels will work just as well. She said we can start as soon as Thursday, and that the cancelled trial should open back up in two weeks if we need it. If you're confused, you are not alone. All I keep repeating to myself is "live by faith, not by sight." Surely our guardian angel (aka Barte) is looking after her son...mothers never stop protecting their children. Other than that everything's great!! The Dr is pleased with Pat's counts, she said he is quite stable, more than I can say for myself. After all that news I fell into Pat's arms and cried, I told him I was so scared. He told me not to worry, he's not going anywhere, he has too much to do. That's my guy, no quit, staying positive and keeping me strong. So there it is...our ride continues. Let's all keep praying, it's the best medicine of all.
Love,
Jules

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

PATIENCE is definatly what you have, and to sit all day waiting? I think I would have gone bazerk, balistic, or just plum mad! Now you have my curriosity and I would like to know more about the political stand on this. This is just crazy - I don't believe I have ever heard such a thing. But then I guess with the Lord, ya never know do you? Yeah, I think it is that you gotta live by faith, I think its the hardest thing to do in your situation but you just gotta keep the faith. I know one thing for sure and that is your love for eachother and your faith will pull you through this! If you two need anything don't hesitate to ask.
We pray for you everynight - I am sure he hears your name a lot! :-)
Lis & Dave

Anonymous said...

ALL I CAN SAY I "WOW"

Anonymous said...

Ummm...so okay, here's the deal-
I'm not about to let news of yet "another" derailment knock us down!! "LUKE" is just trying his best to see what we're made of that's all!! He ain't got nothing on Pat and his gang that's all...nothin, period! You can run Luke...but, cha can't hide. We're comin after you this time...put your sneakers on! YOUR TOAST, Luke.
Love from: one of your team members
Teri

Anonymous said...

Pat & Julie,
You faith is astounding, never lose it. Pat you are incredible. Again, a man of steel. this testing will happen, it will work, and you are going to win this battle. Julie, keep trusting in the Lord, never rely on your own understanding. He is the Almighty Physican, and miracles are his business.
Love and blessings
Mary Williams

Anonymous said...

Pat

LUKE is obviously messing with the wrong family. We are going to make it pay! Every dog has his day -- and I know that LUKE's day is comming alot sooner then it knows.

Keep up the fight...

We miss you.

The Kimble's

Anonymous said...

When I look up patience and endurance in the dictionary, it says "The staying power of Pat and Julie Smith!!!" Look forward, never backward.

Love you guys,

Jo Ann

Anonymous said...

I agree with my big sister-mothers NEVER stop looking out for their children and I just feel it in my heart that Mary is up there taking care of her little boy. All Iknow anymore is i sure am lucky to have such a strong big sis and thank God she had the courage to sit on Pat's lap that night in El Torito and bring him into our family!!!
Love you guys-Ape

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat, Julie and family,

My heart and soul are in full prayer for you! Keep up the strong fight and faith and you will succeed Pat. Julie you are an amazing woman, keep the strenght to fight this battle and you will win. Do not let the all the uncertainity make you lose faith because maybe the first trial is not what Pat needs but is what he doesn't need. Maybe God is trying to give you better options then what was first presented. Sometime things that seem bad are really blessings in disguise. Keep moving forward and know that you are in my prayers daily. All my love,
Cousin Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat i saw the news, I hope your doing okay. Hey so this football pool with like 70 people every week with all the teams i put you in so i hope my pics to well for you :) whos your team?? Im going for the Packers. Hope you get well soon
Dave Clayton

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat, Bob G. here, Beckys dad. Hope all is well. I see your supposed to be using your little breather machine. I used to sell those when I sold medical products in my younger days! I know it's a pain, but it is really important to try and keep you lungs expanded, so get on it will ya!!!
I heard you sold your Husky motorcycle. Not a good thing, now you will have to buy another one so we can ride. I'm headed up to Julian this weekend for a motorcycle Tech day to see if I can screw something up on my bike! Hang in there and we are all hoping for the best. I'm trying to do this Platlet thing but I have to wait. I just had a bad cold but I'll get er done!