Wednesday, October 31, 2007

You Guys are Great!!!

I guess it was pretty obvious by my last couple of blogs that I had hit a rough spot. I was just feeling so helpless, frustrated and overwhelmed..not to mention so lonely without Pat at home. I prayed for God just to carry me for a short while, because I really was stumbling. And guess what...I'm back. Thanks to God and all our wonderful friends and family. Just reading all the blogs and e-mails we receive, I can't help but perk right back up. You people don't realize how strong you keep us. The prayers, the well wishes, the gifts at my doorstep, and the people closest to me that allow me an occassional breakdown.....thank you, thank you. Pat of course barely batted an eye, he just keeps on keeping on. He is the true "Rock". The Dr. is now trying to switch him to a different trial, of course waiting on paperwork. His infection has subsided, his white count is coming back down and he is ready to fight on. Let's pray that this medication will start soon and get us to transplant. One of the gifts of this website is our ability to reach so many people. Tomorrow, Dave B.'s sister, Marianne will be undergoing surgery for breast cancer. Please include her and her doctors in your prayers. She is such a strong person and so positive, I have all the faith in her complete recovery. Thanks again to all of you, count your blessings and continue to "pay it forward." (thanks, Teri.)
xoxo,
Jules

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat and Julie,

I can feel the prayers working! So glad your white blood cells are going down :) Blake wants to know if you can go trick-or-treating tonight on your floor! He's so funny. He reads your blog all the time!!!

Happy Halloween....

Love Always, Maribeth :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat,

I just wanted to sy hi and I'm thinking about you...I hope to come see you next week now that my cough/cold is completely gone. Soon you will be healthy and enjoying your awesome life and family and we will be looking back on this time. Always know how much we love you!!

Love, Dayna, Chelsea, and Tanner

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat & Julie,
Thank you so much for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. You both have truly given me strength by not only your kind words, but also by your amazing example of "paying it forward". My surgery is tomorrow, but my laptop will not be far away for long. I can't stay away from this blog. Not only to show my love and support, but also to make sure my mentor and his amazing wife are staying strong and positive. Bring on the transplant and let's get the party started!!!
Love ya,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat and Julie

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you. I sent a prayer request to Mariners church for you to beat this thing!!!! We hope to see you soon!
Love Ya,

Linda and Rick Lamitie

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING PAT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT PATH THANK GOD !! AND WE DO THANK THE ALMIGHTY EVERYDAY . JULIE YOU ARE SO STRONG AND A BLESSING FOR ALL YOU ARE HAVING TO DO . SO HANG IN ALL THE HAPPY DAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNOR . THE SIEVERS

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat!
We hear you have good news - The Lord God Almighty is good. He is Merciful to those of us who have a pure heart - your recovery is sooner than you think - :-)
Joel Olsteen talked a couple of weeks ago about grace and how God has extended life to those who walk with him and how he shows favor to those of us who just believe. I am not one who goes to church all the time, but my relationship with God is good. I said a prayer for you on the blog -Silly me, I forgot to sign it. Ha ha ... David and I have sent numerous prayer request out for you along with all the other friends who just simply care. We all do our part for you and humanity in our own way. For today, may the Lord smile upon you and keep you safe.
Lis and Dave - (L & D)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat- I have to say, when nothing else in this life has worked on someone, the bigger power of God and prayers to him in force and numbers will prove miracles. I've seen it with my son. Tears fill my eyes with hope, as a testiment that it works. I was unsure at first...not any longer. A person can say whatever they please. If you've walked a long and lonely road...you at some point will start to look upward instead of straight ahead. I'm asking that he keep you in "his palm" today. Cancer is no match for him.
Love-
Teri

Anonymous said...

Message to Marianne:
We don't know each other, but I hope your surgery goes well today. Julie has asked that we keep you in thought and prayer today...concider it done. Get well and stay strong! The world needs you in it.
Teri

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Pat...It was GREAT chatting with you this morning. Enjoy your drive home today...there's no place like home :) Take Care...Lots of Love and Prayers....Maribeth

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat & Julie,
Just wanted you to know that we keep you all in our thoughts and prayers..you "Smithers" are quite a team! Stay positive, and if we can do anything please call! Fight on Pat!... you can beat this monster.
Love, The Butler's

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat & Julie,
Just wanted you to know that we keep you all in our thoughts and prayers..you "Smithers" are quite a team! Stay positive, and if we can do anything please call! Fight on Pat!... you can beat this monster.
Love, The Butler's

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat & Julie,
Just wanted you to know that we keep you all in our thoughts and prayers..you "Smithers" are quite a team! Stay positive, and if we can do anything please call! Fight on Pat!... you can beat this monster.
Love, The Butler's

Anonymous said...

Stay strong