Thursday, November 8, 2007

Some Good News

Wow, I guess good news really does travel fast! It is true, we got great news today. The Dr. came in this morning and told Pat his heart has improved to 53%. They were hoping for at least 45%, I tell you that Pat has always been such an over achiever!! Dr. Zain said call your wife right now, she said this is huge, the best news we've had in 4 months. I personally have not spoken to the Dr. but Pat said she told him the medicine is working. Exactly which medicine I'm not sure, but I'm so thankful for any and all positive news. Prayer, good friends, strong family and my super amazing Pat have again proven to be hard at work. I am overcome by the unbelievable outpouring of genuine love and concern for Pat, myself and the kids. Every day we are reminded when Pat receives his platelets by the yellow tag that hangs on the bag that reads "designated donor", how fortunate we are. Thank you to everyone who has donated, the AHAB employees just keep on donating, you are awesome!!! If you get a chance, check out the website www.chasecq.com. A friend of Ryan B.'s received his new cells 81 days ago. It his second bout with cancer. He is such an inspiration, and his mother writes with such true and genuine emotion. Today I will breath a little deeper and let my heart swell just a bit with the joy I heard in Pat's voice this morning. We've jumped one hurdle, now let's continue with our prayers for lower leukemia blasts, the sores in Pat's mouth to heal and of course for his never ending strength. I saw a man at the hospital with a shirt that read "Prayer Changes Things". I couldn't agree more. Let's go team!!!
xoxo,
Jules

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true...PRAYER CHANGES THINGS!!! The prayers will never stop!!!

Anonymous said...

Pat & Julie,
FANTASTIC!!! I am dancing all over the room, thanking God for answering our prayers - praise God!

"I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High. My enemies retreated; they staggered and died when you appeared. For you have judged in my favor; from your throne you have judged with fairness." Psalm 9

Lesson learned, never underestimate the power of prayer!
Love to you both,
The Martel's

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! This is so nice to hear! Hey! I think we're finaly being heard! 53% YES! YOU GO! And do collect that $200. ha ha

I loved the dance the Martel's did for you!

I saw that someone gave me a nice compliment! Thank you! :-)

Sweet Dreams to you all!
Lis & Dave

Anonymous said...

OH! Julie! I almost forgot... you write well too. I can actually visualize the conversation between Pat and Dr. Zain... :-)

I am soooooo happy for you guys! Yippppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeee!
Lis

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO :)YYYYYYYYIIIIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!
YES.......IT'S ABOUT TIME. THANK YOU GOD!!
53% THAT'S SUCH GREAT NEWS! GET READY MARIBETH CUZ YOUR GONNA BE GIVENG YOUR BROTHER A VERY HUGE GIFT SOON. I'M SO EXCITED ICAN'T STAND IT. WE AREN'T STOPPING WITH THE PRAYERS TO GOD PAT...REST,BREATHE,FIGHT,PRAY.
REST,BREATHE,FIGHT,PRAY ALL THE WAY!!!
lOVE AND MARICLES- Teri

Anonymous said...

Pat and Julie:
I have been a loss of words lately. When I read the blogs the last two days all I could do is pray.
I was pleasantly surprised to read this blog! Prayer does change things! Praise God. We love you guys and we will keep praying for you.

Linda and Rick

Anonymous said...

Teri - I AM READY!!!! I am on pins and needles waiting for the day that Pat gets to CELEBRATE his new marrow. ...REST, BREATHE, FIGHT, PRAY....I LOVE THAT!!! I can't wait to see you tomorrow Patrick!!! I am going to bring the movie Chuck and Larry with me so we can watch it! Love, Maribeth :)

Anonymous said...

PRAYING RIGHT NOW!!!!! AND WILL NEVER STOP . MY GIRLS WERE SO HAPPY WHEN I CAME HOME AND TOLD SYD AND SKY JUST SMILE AND LOVE YOU . THE SIEVERS

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited and happy for you! Have a fantastic weekend. Go Bruins!!! Hey coach, I'm also still a die hard Rams fan, but you won't hold that against me will ya? ;-) Love, strength & positive thoughts coming your way,
MB

Anonymous said...

YES! YES! YES! I think all of previous comments apply to what I am thinking. Now we can all breathe a breath of fresh air. Thank you Lord!!!

My granddaughter Jessie says to tell you and Pat to watch funny movies and think positive thoughts!

All my love,
Aunt Marcie

Anonymous said...

YES! YES! YES! I think all of previous comments apply to what I am thinking. Now we can all breathe a breath of fresh air. Thank you Lord!!!

My granddaughter Jessie says to tell you and Pat to watch funny movies and think positive thoughts!

All my love,
Aunt Marcie

Anonymous said...

Pat & Jules,
WOW! What a blessing! We knew good things were going to happen. Even when times are bleak and the world scorns God, He still works through the prayers of His people.
We are staying on our knees and asking our Precious Lord, who is the Almighty Doctor of Doctors to keep his healing hand right on your shoulder.
Prayers Always!
Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick, Hope your enjoying having Cindy and Maribeth hang with you today... I am sure you missed me!! Keep getting stronger cuz I can't wait to hear when your moving to the bone marrow floor..Love ya, Sista Sandy

Anonymous said...

Pat,
You kick ass, keep the good news coming. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you guys.
Love, Nolan