Friday, August 31, 2007

The Plan

Okay here's the plan. Dr. Zain has decided not to repeat the last chemo, but to instead place Pat in a clinical trial. Please try not to be alarmed by the term "clinical trial". Every treatment ever used was at one time a clinical trial. We are fortunate that they are in the last phases of this trial, meaning they are to the point where they are seeing results without toxicity. The trial won't begin for 3 weeks, so if Pat can get some heart strength back and cut back on his antibotics he may be able to go home for a few days. At first he wasn't to sure about going home, but now he is very motivated. I believe it may give him that little extra mental push he needs to get through this next "adventure". I know his dogs will be thrilled to see him. They like me, but they worship Pat. Tomorrow is Brock's first soccer game at LMU, I am looking forward to an afternoon of enjoying soccer. Pat will be able to follow the game on his computer. Again, your continued prayers for Pat's recovery are priceless. If you have a moment and are cruising your computer, check out the website www.cureemily.com. Longtime and dear family friends have a precious granddaughter with a very serious condition. The website is so inspiring and uplifting, the world truly is filled with wonderful and caring people. Have a great day and here's to brighter days ahead!!!
Love,
Jules

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAH !!!! WE ARE STILL PRAYING ALWAYS AND CANT WAIT TILL HES HOME EVEN IF IT JUST A SHORT TIME ----THE SIEVERS

Anonymous said...

Since receiving the link to your site (from Kimmy), I've been checking it weekly for your progress updates. Pat, Shane and I wish you all the encouragement in the world and hope the clinical trial works! You are in our prayers. Wishing you the best from Idaho! Kris, Shane, Sarah and Elena Galles

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Sounds like things are good today! lovin it! lovin you guys! have a great week-end,Mason and Gus

Anonymous said...

Uncle Pat,
This is Zac. I read your website all the time. My friend gave me a Saint Christopher necklace for my 1st Communion and I am going to have my mom bring it to you to wear. I hope you like it. St. Christopher will help your heart get stronger so you can come home.
C'YA, Zac.

Anonymous said...

Pat, Hey there SUPERFLY. I thought you said you were going to get better or I could kick your butt??? Now your back in the hospital. SO if you dont get better we need to have a serious talk. I'm not much of a fighter so you will probably kick my butt. Anyway I put in a huge prayer request at my Church in Corona so you have about 5000 people praying for you. Of course we are from the 951 so it takes God a little longer to understand redneck. Take care. And like we always say in off-road racings. "NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP." I have complete faith you will be great.

GO GET EM!!
Kreg Donahoe
Donahoe Racing
Proudly Flying the AHAB LOGO~!

Anonymous said...

Pat, just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that you are in our constant prayers. I spoke with your Dad yesterday and he had nothing but good stuff to say. Reminds me of you. You are obviously a very loved man and your family is so blessed to have each other. We miss you at Tustin Lexus and can't wait to see you back down here and feeling strong again. Julie, I don't know you, but I can tell that you are ONE AMAZING WOMAN. Your family is truly a reflection of what a pair the two of you are. You guys are not a match for this "thing". I read you Father's post and can tell where you must get your ability to put it out there. Your love for each other and strength all have truly touched me. Sheri and Joe Hurst

Anonymous said...

Pat, we are praying for you! Hopefully the clinical trail will be positive.

Linda, finally saw Robby in a live TV interview yesterday. She said "wow ! He is young and handsome" I said he's ok (ha,ha) Told her that I had met his Dad also, and he is a great guy also. Told Linda that you and Travis spend several minutes with him one-on-one in his trailer.

I wish him luck today in Fontana. But more that anything I am praying hard that you get better!

tom kimble

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat! Rebecca's dad Bob here! So I keep waiting for a motorcycle ride! What's up? Sounds like you are working really hard with this thing. You have all our prayers and support just keep on fighting!

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up."
Babe Ruth