Saturday, August 18, 2007

One more day...

For a nice change of pace from Jules' award winning writing, I, Brady Smith, am here to fill you in on the happenings in room 5217. We have now completed day four of this five day chemo treatment, and can't help but feel positive that this is pushing my dad closer to a remission. Over the past couple of days he has felt great, and it has been a nice relief to see him enjoy some food and the company of friends and family. We all know that this is a long road that we must travel with him, and we must take each day one at a time. Nobody knows this more than him, and each day is one step closer to remission, and one step closer to the bone marrow transplant. I wish people could see how hard he is fighting this thing without even the smallest of complaints. I am blown away by the courage that he is equipped with and know that even if we hit a couple more speed bumps along the way, he will just blow right over them as if he were driving in the big green machine sports mobile. This man is fighting just go get out of this hospital room so he can get back to doing things that all of us see as so ordinary and mundane. It really puts everything into perspective. All I know is I cannot wait until he kicks this disease and we can continue to enjoy life with all of our family and friends. There is no doubt in my mind that we will get there, we just have to take it one day at a time. Thank you all for your get well cards and messages that you have been leaving on this site. He looks forward to reading them everyday. Most of all, thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts, we can see and feel them working, so keep it up!!

God Bless,
Brady Patrick Smith

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you, Brady on a very well written blog. You also have the "Gift". Pat, you are so obviously loved and respected by everyone but mostly your incredible family. Continue getting better - remission is just around the corner!!!
Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Just want to say we love you and are always thinking of you Pat. You are by far the strongest man, father and brother I know. Like I have said before you amaze me and we are very lucky to have you in our lives. Jules, Brady, Brock and Chloe you too are extremely courageous and inspiring and I want you to know i admire each of you. Counting down the days till you are better and love you, april

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat, Julie, Brady, Brock and Chloe...

What a GREAT blog Brady! You and your Mom definetly have a talent. Thank you for keeping us informed. Remission is right around the corner I can feel it! Love to you all, The Sigler Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Cousin Julie, Pat and family, My mom has kept me posted on everything and I just wanted to let you all know that you are in my prayers each and everyday. It is great to have this blog because sometimes we just don't have the words to express how much we love and care for you nor do we want to burden you with extra calls that just make you keep repeating yourself. Brady your blog today was awesome and you are amazingly strong keep it up! Julie I love you dearly and if you need anything just know that I am a phone call away. Pat you will beat this. Stay strong!
All my love,hope and faith to you all,
Cousin Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Pat!

Russel and I are extremely proud and admire your strength and courage at this time. We are really looking forward to seeing you up and well, as we hope it is right around the corner. All the memories from Palm Springs make us smile and we look forward to making new ones with you! Julie, Brady, Brock and Chloe have been so great throughout this process and we would like to extend our support and help in any way we can. Hope to see you soon!

Love always,
Lauryn and Russel

Anonymous said...

this was great to read first thing monday morning !!! in church yesterday sydney puy in a prayer card for pat and it looks like all the prayers are working but not without your desire to beat this stuff . we are proud of you pat and we know that soon you will be home and resting. god bless the whole smith family. the Sievers family :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,

I hope your feeling better! Mike and I really want to come and see you.... let us know when you are up for visitors.

Nacho just brought me a gift to give to you. He asks about you every morning :)

Hang in there ....
Love Always,
Maribeth