Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Life Does Go On

Today, Pat and I's "baby" turned 22! I have no idea how that happened because I can still remember being 22, in fact I was having a baby at 22. Time certainly does fly, it most certainly does not stand still. As we try to do "normal" things, I look around me and realize life does go on. People are Christmas shopping, getting ready for finals, planning holiday gatherings....not just any people...us. I am at times amazed at the power of the human spirit to carry on. When I used to hear of this happening to "other" people, I figured their lives must be over, asking myself how could they go on? The answer is, you just do it. Our strength is rooted in our love and respect for Pat, our ever attentive family, and the kindness of friends. One such awesome friend is our neighbor Regina. She is part owner of the Daniel Michael Salon in San Juan Capistrano. She and her partner are hosting "Haircuts for Hope", on Monday December 10th from 10:00am-5:00pm. Every single penny is being donated directly to the City of Hope. The cost is a $50.00 donation for a haircut and $35.00 for a Kerastase treatment with a blowdry. It's a great chance to get spruced up for the holidays and donate to a great cause. If anyone is interested please call for an appointment 949-489-3201. A huge thank you to Regina and the Daniel Michael Salon. So Brady's birthday was nice, relaxing and of course bittersweet. But we did enjoy the company, some great food and a few laughs. I think at this point, I'd have to say that's pretty darn good. Love you guys, good night.
xoxo,
Jules

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy "belated 22nd Birthday, Brady! I have to be real honest here.....the last three or so days, I've been destracted with work and a couple of evening parties to attend. When I checked this blog early this morning and saw that Julie (Momma), wrote about how life's going on and you turning 22, it made me stop and think. I remember you as having that December birthday. It came and walloped me up the side of the head when I realized the date: Dec.5, had come and gone. It sounds like you and the family found some joy in your special day in spite of your recent loss. I'm glad for you all. You have each other to lean on, to share with and to laugh with. I hope you felt your Dad there too....he was.
Love, prayers and birthday wihes-
Teri

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brady! be glad you didn't celebrate with James. You would have to stay in bed for a week after.
The rest of you Smith's God bless, keep on keepin' on and you are loved by many.Julie, your messages of hope are needed by more than you know.
Jill V-B